This is an analysis of the poem Hanen that begins with:
Det blæser og regner om Bondens Gaard,
derude paa Møddingen Hanen staar;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX aaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101101 10110101 1101101101 110110111 11001111 101110111 11110111 110101101 11111111 1111111010 111111100 0101011100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 217
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og, kok, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hanen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.