This is an analysis of the poem Efemer-Glæden that begins with:
Klart straaler Slottet i festlig Glans
af tusinde blændende Kjerter;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aXaX XbXb XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101101 110110 101101101 0110000 1110111 11111110 1101110111 11010110 011101101 1101011 11110101 1011111 11011111 1111010 110011101 110100 1101110101 11011 11111111 1101110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 131
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; og is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word snart is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Efemer-Glæden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.