This is an analysis of the poem Der 13. Psalm. that begins with:
Herr, wie lang wilt vergessen mein
In meiner grosen note?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXbbX aXXaXXXX XXXXXaXaX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,9,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111001 010101 11101101 111111 1 11101101 11111101 1111100 11101111 111010 1 11110011 111111 10110101 11110001 1111000 1 11110111 111111 1101110 110001 11111101 1 11111001 1111100 101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; wie, lang, und, das, mein are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word das is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Der 13. Psalm.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hans Sachs
- Analysis of Why Art Thou Thus Cast Down, My Heart?
- Analysis of A Fair Melody: To Be Sung By Good Christians
- Analysis of Die Insel Bachi.