This is an analysis of the poem Ved Botanikeren Liebmanns Afreise Til Mexico 1840 that begins with:
Naar Du nu om ikke længe
Staaer i Mexico,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaaXX XXXXXXXX XXXXaaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 11101 10101110 1111 1011010 11101010 101101 1001 1000101 10100 11111 11110 1011101 1111111 1011110 11110 111111 1111 101001 1110 1011110 10101110 1010111 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ved Botanikeren Liebmanns Afreise Til Mexico 1840;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hans Christian Andersen
- Analysis of Du Skal Ikke Troe Al Snik Og Snak
- Analysis of Af Rhythmer I Castagnetter
- Analysis of Aftenen [en Aften Deilig, Som I En Roman! ]