This is an analysis of the poem Til Landsoldaten that begins with:
Vor Tanke flyver til Leiren,
Til Dig i Kamp og paa Vagt;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110110 1111111 11010110 010111 1101100 1101111 1001011 010101 1101111 1111111 1101111 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 111
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Til Landsoldaten;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hans Christian Andersen
- Analysis of Til Læserne
- Analysis of Til Mig Du Kom Som Lille, Barnlig-Glad
- Analysis of Til Niels W. Gade Og Sophie Hartmann