This is an analysis of the poem Mig Gamle Spørger Du Unge that begins with:
Mig Gamle spørger Du Unge,
Hvad Skjæbne Dig forestaaer....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 111100 111110 1101101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 115
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mig Gamle Spørger Du Unge;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hans Christian Andersen
- Analysis of Mildt Paa Din Pande Læser Man: Fyrstinden
- Analysis of Min Musa
- Analysis of Min Undskyldning