This is an analysis of the poem Med Et Kobberstykke [som Englene Det Jordiske Bortbære] that begins with:
Som Englene det Jordiske bortbære
Hen over Jorden, gjennem Himlens Blaae,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101 1101010101 1111110011 111110101 11101001100 111011011 1111101010 1111001000
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; er is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Med Et Kobberstykke [som Englene Det Jordiske Bortbære];
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hans Christian Andersen
- Analysis of Med Et Kravebaand
- Analysis of Med Et Landskab Fra Italien
- Analysis of Med Et Par Handsker