This is an analysis of the poem Længsel Med Potterne that begins with:
Hist hvor man kun seer Lyngen groe,
Der laves Jydepotter jo!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XaXXXX XabbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101 11010001 1101101 11010101 111101100 110101010 1111110 11000001 111111 111111 11110111 11111111 1111111 110111 11100111 1100111 1101011 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; laves, han are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word der is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines rer, mme are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Længsel Med Potterne;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.