This is an analysis of the poem Du Evige Gud, Saa Kjærlig Og God! that begins with:
Du evige Gud, saa kjærlig og god!
Send Du mig dit Lys for min usikkre Fod,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 01011111 1011111101 111111111111 01010111 100110101 1101111110 10101010111 01110111 1101111010 11111111001 110010001 11110110110 11111111110 110000100 11101111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 607
- Average number of words per stanza: 129
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du, er, i, jeg are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ren is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Du Evige Gud, Saa Kjærlig Og God!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.