This is an analysis of the poem Avis Aux Lectrices that begins with:
Jeg savner noget! — skal jeg Navnet sige?
Det er just ikke af en sjelden Slags;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XaXaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101011101 101111101 11011111 1101111111 111101101 101110110 111111111 111101111 1010111100 11111111 1010001101110 1111111111 1101110111 11111111 11111111 1101101111 111111111 11111101 1111111 110111110 111111111 11011111 1011111 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 318
- Average number of words per stanza: 68
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg, maa, man, for, en are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word en is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Avis Aux Lectrices;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.