This is an analysis of the poem Ach! Vidste Du, Som Gaaer I Syndens Lenke that begins with:
Ach! vidste du, som gaaer i syndens lenke,
Hvor haardt det er, det satans slaverie,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXaXX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111101 111011010 0111101 111111110 11010101 101011110 11011011 111011101 01110111 11101111 1101111 101011110 110110111 1110110110 110111111 11111011 11010101 101011110 110111111 1101111101 11011001 1111111 1101011 101011110 110111011 110011101 011110110 111110111 110111001 101011110 11011111 111111111 111110110 11011111 1101101 101011110 11011111 1101110101 101111011 111111101 11010101 101011110 11001101 1111111 1111111011 111110001 1101101 101011110
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 253
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du, d, og, det are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words hvor, det are repeated.
The author used the same word ach at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word yeblik at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ach! Vidste Du, Som Gaaer I Syndens Lenke;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Hans Adolph Brorson
- Analysis of Adam Gik I Frydens Lund
- Analysis of Ak Fader! Lad Dit Ord Og Aand
- Analysis of Aldrig Jeg Meere Paa Verden Vil Tænke