This is an analysis of the poem Ach Kunde Jeg Mig Ned I Jesu Sødhed Senke that begins with:
Ach kunde jeg mig ned i Jesu sødhed senke
Og alle øyeblik hans kierlighed betenke,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXaX XbXX XbXX XXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111011 1110110010 1110111111 111101110101 11111110110 11011111101 111111100111 11110011101 110101101000 111111101010 111110111011 1110111011 11110111101100 111111101110 1111111111 11011111111 111100110110 110011111101 110111110001 111111110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 183
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg, og are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words ach, jeg are repeated.
The author used the same word ach at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Ach Kunde Jeg Mig Ned I Jesu Sødhed Senke;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.