This is an analysis of the poem All The People Stood that begins with:
All the people stood watching how I build the bases of joy on my own
And the pyramid builders at the beginning of time made me speechless during ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbaXXXbbccX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 101011011101001111 10100101001001111010 1010 01011010111001010101110 110001001011111111 01111101010101100101 011111011001001001111100 01111111111101111 001111110111100110 11111010111110110101001 1101001011111011001 11110110101001100100100 1110101001100111010101010001010 111111001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1048
- Average number of words per stanza: 200
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 74 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 14
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; on, my, and, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of All The People Stood;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.