This is an analysis of the poem Helen that begins with:
All Greece hates
the still eyes in the white face,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbb XbXcXb dXcbddX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 0110011 0101010 111 1011 11100 011111 100101 101111 01001100 111 1101 110101 010011 11001 110101 100101 1101100100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Helen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by H. D.
- Analysis of Eideolon, Book 3, Section 7
- Analysis of At Baia
- Analysis of From Helen In Egypt: Eidolon, Book 3: #4