This is an analysis of the poem Last Meeting that begins with:
Shadows grazing eastward melt
from their vast sun-driven flocks...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb caca dddd bXXX aeXe XaaX Xbdb Xaba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1110101 0111101 0010001 01110011 10011101 11010101 11110111 010010111 11110111 010111010 10010101 011001110 11010111 010101010 10011101 11011000 00110001 100101010 11011101 010100010 01101101 11010011 01111111 111011001 01110100 01011001 01010111 01010101 01010101 01010001 01010011 01110011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Last Meeting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.