This is an analysis of the poem The Confidant Peasant And The Maladroit Bear that begins with:
A peasant had a docile bear,
A bear of manners pleasant,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dedeff ghghii bjbjbb hkhkii lelXkk hfhbfXbbXii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010101 0101010 11011101 1101010 110101010 010101010 01010111 1101110 11010111 1101111 010101110 010101010 11010111 0101010 01101111 1101010 11111110 010101010 01010101 0111010 01010101 1110010 1111010100 111101010 11010111 0101010 11010101 1101010 010001001 010011011 11011001 1101011 01011101 1101010 010111011 011101011 01011101 1101011 11011101 11101 10 1 110100010 111101010 01001111 01011101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 185
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Confidant Peasant And The Maladroit Bear;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Guy Wetmore Carryl
- Analysis of The Hospitable Caledonian And The Thankless Viper
- Analysis of Ad Finem Fideles
- Analysis of The Inhuman Wolf And The Lamb Sans Gene