This is an analysis of the poem The Arrogant Frog And The Superior Bull that begins with:
Once, on a time and in a place
Conducive to malaria,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXX bb cdcddd efefgg bXbXXX hXhXgg hfhfiiXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,2,6,6,6,6,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011001 01000100 11010001 0 101000 11010101 01000101 010101001 1111010 110100101 0101110 11000101 01100101 01000101 0101010 11010101 0100010 11000101 11010101 11110111 1011011 11111111 1111011 01100001 01010101 01010111 1101010 01010111 1101100 11010001 01010101 11011111 1101110 10010101 1101010 11110100 01011101 01010101 11010011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Arrogant Frog And The Superior Bull;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.