This is an analysis of the poem Terreur that begins with:
Ce soir-là j'avais lu fort longtemps quelque auteur.
Il était bien minuit, et tout à coup j'eus peur....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXaXbXbXaaXXXXXXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101110110 1111011111 10111111111100 1110100110010 1010111011100 10111010101 10011110101110 11110010110 1111001100110 1010111010110 110101011111 111010110101 1111010111011 111110101110 1111001111 10111010111 11010011010 11011111 111100111111 110011110010 110011110110 10101100100 11101001010 1110101111100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 564
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; peur, et, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word et is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines te is repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase peur connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Terreur;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.