This is an analysis of the poem Summation Without Respect that begins with:
I very little knew your husband, Madam;
He was large and ugly, I did not know more. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdefg Xaea bXdf eXhecbXe dXhX cdgb hXabbdhh igeg affe igbcXfhbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,8,4,4,8,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010111010 11111010111 111101111010 1001001111001100 1110001011010 11100100 11110111 10111001001 11110011010101 010110111111 11011101101 10100111111 111001011011 111010000101011 0111101110 1001011001 1111110001 1001010101 1010110101010 1001101101 1111011011 1111010010 01111111010 10100101011 10001010100100 111110010101 01101000110 11111011 10010110110 10100110110110 0010101101 11101011110 111100100 111111011101010 11110101101 00010100010010 11101011001 1110010110 1100111010 111111011110 1100101101010 101010110 1111001011110 10111101010 11110111111101010 111111101 1011001011111 01110101110 10101001010 01101111 111001010100 01011011011 1011110111 1110010011010100 11101110101 101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 233
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you, to, his, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word he is repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines you is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Summation Without Respect;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.