This is an analysis of the poem Marizibill that begins with:
Dans la Haute-Rue à Cologne
Elle allait et venait le soir...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11111001 11011001 101011110 1101110 10011110010 11110111 11100111 1000111101 11010010 100110010 11101101010 1100001110 1000011010 1111111000 11101110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 182
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word leurs is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Marizibill;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.