This is an analysis of the poem Le Vent Nocturne that begins with:
Oh ! les cimes des pins grincent en se heurtant
Et l'on entend aussi se lamenter l'autan...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110111011110 1110101110010 1011010100 1101111101100 1010101011 111101111011 110011101110 1111111101 11101100110 1100110100 11101101110 111100110110 111110101100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 634
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; attys, les are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word et is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Le Vent Nocturne;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.