This is an analysis of the poem Song Of The Hearth that begins with:
Welcome Winter, how cracks your ice?
Fills your snow the valleys?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXXcbc XdXecdcX effbXadd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101111 111010 111011101 111001 11110100 111110 1110101 1110101 101110100 1101 10011111 101001 10101101 11101 11111101 01101 1110011 11111 111101 0101110 111111001 1111 11000111 0110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 241
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of The Hearth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.