This is an analysis of the poem O Burgo that begins with:
Meus males de quem procedem?
Não é de vós? claro é isso: ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaX aX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101100 10101010 11111010 1110110100 10110100 101011010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 83
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word isto is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of O Burgo;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.