This is an analysis of the poem Vanity that begins with:
the limpid ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXcd eXbfecXXfad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100 010 10 001000 10 01001 101 1 10010 01 101 010 011 100101 10 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 64
- Average number of words per stanza: 11
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 11 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 2
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Vanity;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.