This is an analysis of the poem Li Galoppini (The Scroungers) that begins with:
Jeri, a la Pulinara, un colleggiale
Doppo fatta una predica in todesco, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaX XXXX XXX XXX X XXbc aXaX Xcc XXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,1,4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100110001100 1010101000100 10010100011 101110110100 01011000010 110011011010 110011100 11011001010 1111101101100 10000111000 1001000100 110110101000 1101011000 1110010001100 10 10111000100010 10100100101 01010100011 10010100110010 110110100 0100101101011 1001010110 110111 101010100 100101 10010111 101001011 10011110 10110010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 117
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Li Galoppini (The Scroungers);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli
- Analysis of Li Spiriti Iii (Ghosts 3)
- Analysis of Er Giorno Der Giudizzio ( On Judgement Day)
- Analysis of Li Spiriti Iv (Ghosts 4)