This is an analysis of the poem Night-Blooming Jasmine that begins with:
And the night-blooming flowers open,
open in the same hour I remember those I love....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXc dXee XeXe baXe Xced Xdad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 101101010 10001101010111 001000100 011101101 100111010 110010100 11101 1110110 101001 0010110 0111001 111001 01110101 1010110 0111011 1001001 011100 011101001 010101 011010111 1110101 01010101 110010011 11100111011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 131
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Night-Blooming Jasmine;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.