This is an analysis of the poem Sonetto that begins with:
BESIDE a fountain in a little grove
That fresh green fronds and pretty flowers did grace, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdeecXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 0101000101 11111101001 1101111001 110110000111 1101010111 1101010101 1111000101 1001011101 1001100101 11111101101 1011000101 11110111010 01010010101 10010111010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 638
- Average number of words per stanza: 112
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonetto;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.