This is an analysis of the poem Licia Sonnets 48 that begins with:
I saw, sweet Licia, when the spider ran
Within your house to weave a worthless web, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabcbcXXaXadd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111010101 0111010101 1010110011 111010011 1011110101 1101001101 1101011101 11011111100 1111010111 1111011101 0101111101 1111000111 1111111101 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 619
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Licia Sonnets 48;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.