This is an analysis of the poem Beloved, How Cruel You Have Been To Wreck My Heart that begins with:
Beloved, how cruel you have been to wreck my heart,
Baking it slowly over a smouldering fire !...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ab bc XXd ecf ad fXX gg ed dX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,3,3,2,3,2,2,2,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101101100111 1001010010010 10110111010 101011111 1010111101 1111010111 101010010 1101001001 1001001101 110010101 1111001001101 111110110101 11101001111 11011110101 1110111 11011110100100 1111011001010 01111010101 1000110010001010 101000110111 110101001001 0101100110
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 98
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, me, in are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Beloved, How Cruel You Have Been To Wreck My Heart;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.