This is an analysis of the poem Stanzas In Meditation: Stanza Xv that begins with:
Should they may be they might if they delight
In why they must see it be there not only necessarily ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaccddadXeeeXXffccaggebXXXXgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1110110101 0111100111010100 11110111 1111010111 11111111 01001100000 1101100 0111010000100 0100 010101001101 0010010111001101 0010010101 111111 1110111101 111010111111 01010110011010 1011110 1111110111 0110100010111 1110011110 11011110111 11001101101 1111111010100 01010011101010 1111000111011 11111010110111 11110101010 111100010010 1100111111 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1334
- Average number of words per stanza: 267
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, might, which, it, there, be, in, direction, look, care, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, they are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines there, is are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Stanzas In Meditation: Stanza Xv;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Gertrude Stein
- Analysis of Stanzas In Meditation: Stanza Xiv
- Analysis of Negligible Old Star
- Analysis of Stanzas In Meditation: Stanza Lxxxiii