This is an analysis of the poem Ballade Of Barren Roses that begins with:
THERE sounds his step receding on the stair,
The bridegroom's, that my love could not detain;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacac ababacXc ababacac XXacac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010101 0111111101 1101000101 011110101 0111110101 1111011101 101101001 0101110101 0100010001 1101110101 0101010101 0101011101 11110001101 1101010101 0101010001 1011110101 1100011101 0101110111 1011010101 0101010101 01010100101 0101010101 0101010101 0101110101 10 1101010101 0101011101 1010011111 10111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 234
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word rose at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ballade Of Barren Roses;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.