This is an analysis of the poem Recollections Of Our Native Valley that begins with:
Know ye not that lovely river?
Know ye not that smiling river?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AABBacdcdAABBdcdXddXAABBdadaececAABB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 36,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111010 11111010 1101 1111 0100111010 11010101 111111010 11110101 111101010 11111010 11111010 1101 1111 11001111 011101010 110011011 011101110 010001101 01010101 001101011 11111010 11111010 1101 1111 11011111 111101010 11010100 1101011010 010111010 110101010 011111010 011101010 11111010 11111010 1101 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1153
- Average number of words per stanza: 203
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word know is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines river is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Recollections Of Our Native Valley;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.