This is an analysis of the poem L'Automne (Shelley) that begins with:
Le chaud soleil n’est plus ; froide gémit la bise,
La fleur pâle se meurt, et la branche agonise ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbaXXbXcXcXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101111111 111111111100 011 1011101111 11111110100 1111000101010 111011 11011 1001110101 10111001 1010110111 110011101010 111101101011 0110101101110 111101111010 010 10111111010 11111100100 1010011011 110110 110100 10101101111 1111011 101011100100 110101111111 1110110111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 618
- Average number of words per stanza: 104
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; le, la, et are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word plus is repeated.
The author used the same word le at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of L'Automne (Shelley);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.