This is an analysis of the poem Love that begins with:
ERE I lose myself in the vastness and drowse myself with the peace,
While I gaze on the light and the beauty afar from the dim homes of men, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd dede fgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100101111001 111101101001001101 111101111011111101 1010010010111011001 1110010010010110001 101001001101101101 111111111111001101 11101000010111001001 1111010011101011 001001011011001001 10111001011001001 1110110111011100001 101101111011001001 0110001011001001001 111101001001011001 011001001011001101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 301
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 75 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 15
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, and, , of, in, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words may, ere are repeated.
The author used the same word ere at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.