This is an analysis of the poem A New Theme that begins with:
I FAIN would leave the tender songs
I sang to you of old, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab aaaa cdcd efef fXfX gege
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 110101 10011101 010101 11110101 110101 110001001 010101 11111101 0100111 01010101 110101 11100101 011101 01010111 010101 11010101 010100 01110101 100111 11011101 110101 11100101 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, the, and are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A New Theme;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.