This is an analysis of the poem Ding Dong Merrily on High that begins with:
Ding dong merrily on high,
In heav'n the bells are ringing:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababX XXXXX XcXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1110011 0101110 1110001 0101010 1001000100 10110101 1101010 11101 1111010 1001000100 1110001 1101110 111001 11001110 1001000100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ding Dong Merrily on High;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.