This is an analysis of the poem The Sad Shepherd's Passion Of Love that begins with:
O Gentle Love, ungentle for thy deed,
Thou makest my heart ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaXccXXbbXbccb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110111 11011 0101 010101 1111111101 1111 1100 1101110100 1111001101 1011 0101 1111101100 110111111 0101 0111 1101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 482
- Average number of words per stanza: 91
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Sad Shepherd's Passion Of Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.