This is an analysis of the poem On The Death Of An Infant that begins with:
Blest Babe! it at length has withdrawn,
The Seraphs have rock'd it to sleep; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acac adad aeae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11011101 01011001 01011101011 11011001 01001001 11001001 10101011011 01001001 01011011 11101001 11101111011 11001011 110010010 01001101 110010010110 01011001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of On The Death Of An Infant;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.