This is an analysis of the poem Modern Love Xxxvii: Along The Garden Terrace that begins with:
Along the garden terrace, under which
A purple valley (lighted at its edge ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacddcdccdeffe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101010101 0101010101 1101110111 10010100101 0101001111 0101010101 11110010101 1111100101 1111110101 0100010011 01101010101 0101010101 10110100111 1101010101 1101011111 1100000111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 674
- Average number of words per stanza: 122
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Modern Love Xxxvii: Along The Garden Terrace;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.