This is an analysis of the poem Modern Love Xxix: Am I Failing that begins with:
Am I failing ? For no longer can I cast
A glory round about this head of gold. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacddcbeebfXXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11101110111 0101010101 1011110001 1101010001 01110010111 1111110011 0101011101 1101010101 10010110011 1101001101 0100010011 1111110111 0101011111 0011111001 1110110100 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 673
- Average number of words per stanza: 130
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Modern Love Xxix: Am I Failing;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.