This is an analysis of the poem Modern Love Xvii: At Dinner She Is Hostess that begins with:
At dinner, she is hostess, I am host.
Went the feast ever cheerfuller? She keeps ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXaXbbXXXXXcaac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010111 1011010011 01010101001 0100011111 01001011101 0001010101 1001001001 1110010110 1101010011 100001101110 1101110101 11011100 11010010101 1101001101 1111010101 1111111111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 680
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Modern Love Xvii: At Dinner She Is Hostess;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by George Meredith
- Analysis of A Stave Of Roving Tim
- Analysis of Modern Love Xiii: I Play For Seasons, Not Eternities
- Analysis of Modern Love Xv: I Think She Sleeps