This is an analysis of the poem Modern Love Xvi: In Our Old Shipwrecked Days that begins with:
In our old shipwrecked days there was an hour,
When in the firelight steadily aglow,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbacddcXeeXfccf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 011100111110 10010010001 11011001101 010101111010 1111011111 1100110100 0101011101 0101010101 1111110101 01100111101 11011110101 1101110010 11010110011 0111011111 1011010101 1111011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 717
- Average number of words per stanza: 134
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Modern Love Xvi: In Our Old Shipwrecked Days;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.