This is an analysis of the poem Love Is Winged For Two that begins with:
Love is winged for two,
In the worst he weathers,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccabX debdebd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10111 001110 11111 10101 111 10111010 1010110 1110101 1011101 10101010 101 111 11111110 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 180
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; feathers is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase feathers connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love Is Winged For Two;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by George Meredith
- Analysis of Ireland
- Analysis of Modern Love Xix: No State Is Enviable
- Analysis of Modern Love Xlii: I Am To Follow Her