This is an analysis of the poem Continued that begins with:
How smiles he at a generation ranked
In gloomy noddings over life! They pass.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbcdcdXeceaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1111010101 0101010111 11010101100 1101010011 1111110101 1111010001 01010101001 0101011101 1110110100 0101010101 1101010111 1101011101 0101110101 1001010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 593
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Continued;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by George Meredith
- Analysis of The Invective Of Achilles--V. 225
- Analysis of The Head Of Bran The Blest
- Analysis of On The Tombstone Of James Christopher Wilson (D. April 11, 1884) In Headley Churchyard, Surrey