This is an analysis of the poem At The Funeral that begins with:
February 2, 1901
Her sacred body bear: the tenement... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aaaa bcbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 101011 0101010100 0111110101 0101010111 10110011001 0100011111 0101010101 0101010111 1111000101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 118
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of At The Funeral;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by George Meredith
- Analysis of A Ballad Of Fair Ladies In Revolt
- Analysis of Modern Love Xliv: They Say That Pity
- Analysis of Modern Love Xxxii: Full Faith I Have