This is an analysis of the poem A Ballad Of Past Meridian that begins with:
Last night returning from my twilight walk... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcbcc X adadd XXadadd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,5,1,5,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1 1101001111 1101111101 1111100101 11110100101 11110100101 1 1111010101 0101110101 1111010101 11011011001 1111011111 1 1111111111 11001010101 1101010011 1101111101 0101110111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Ballad Of Past Meridian;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.