This is an analysis of the poem The Mother Of Zebedee's Children that begins with:
She knelt, she bore a bold request,
Though shy to speak it out:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bcbX dede dfdf acac cfcf gaga gagaXcaca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110101 110101 010100101 011101 10111101 111111 11111111 111001 11111111 0100101 11011001 111111 01011101 011101 01011101 101011 11110101001 100111 110111001 110111 11010111 010111 10110101 011101 10111111 011001 110111001 110101 110010101 010101 01011101 111101 11011101 1010111 10110101 11010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word will is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Mother Of Zebedee's Children;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.