This is an analysis of the poem King Cole that begins with:
King Cole he reigned in Aureoland,
But the sceptre was seldom in his hand...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xa bb cc dd eX ff aa gg gg hh gg ii jj bb jj kk gg dd cc gg kk jj aa aa hh aa ll cc em nn Xa Xi aaXmm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110100 1010110001 1100110101 111111111 0010110001 101110101 1010010101 1011010111 0100111111 110011110 110011111 1111110011 1110111001 111111101 11110101 1011111101 111010111 0101100101 100110101 11011101 111011101 1100111111 1011100101 111001101101 00110110101 110100111 10010111 110010111 010111111 0111101101 101001011011 010110101 10100111101 0011001101 0010110101 010010101 1111100101 110100101 0110111101 0110110101 01011001011 101111011 100111101 1011011101 110011111 0111010101 1010101101 111101101 101101011 01111101 11001100111 1011101 1111101010 101100111010 110111101 10100101101 0111101001 1011110100 111011111 1101111101 110110100 1001101101 101010101 110010111 01011101 1011001001 1011111010 1010111010
- Amount of stanzas: 34
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 82
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 68
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, and, to, his, as, of, in, them are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the, it, he are repeated.
The author used the same words said, the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of King Cole;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.