This is an analysis of the poem Blind Bartimeus that begins with:
As Jesus went into Jericho town,
Twas darkness all, from toe to crown,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXbbX ccXdde eebddb eeXffb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101001011 11010101 011100 11111111 11111101 1101111 11111101 11010111 1101010 11011111 11111111 110101 110111101 10110011 111111 11111111 11011101 110101 11010111 001111011 111101 01010111 11110111 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 195
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, and, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Blind Bartimeus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.