This is an analysis of the poem Employment (I) that begins with:
If as a flower doth spread and die,
Thou wouldst extend me to some good, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb dede fafa bgbg agcgXdbdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010101111 11011010 0110110100 1001 01010101 10010101 1011011101 1111 11110111 01011100 0100110001 0101 11110111 01110011 1001011111 1001 11110101 10110001 11001110100 0101 11110111 111100001 1110101111 0111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Employment (I);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.